Two East Coast wanderlusting souls set their sights on a California adventure. Check out the places we visited on our five day road trip through the West Coast.
- Venice Beach: Take a walk down Venice Beach to experience street performers and tons of tourist shops! If you're up for it rent a bike or walk along the boardwalk, and make your way down to the Santa Monica Pier.
- Abbot Kinney Boulevard: Walk a mile strip of the trendiest stores and restaurants in the heart of Venice. Highly recommend trying out The Butcher's Daughter for a healthy bite. Pro Tip: Order one of the three juices our favorite was the Simple Green Juice!
- Santa Monica Pier: A go-to tourist spot, but a must see! Walk along the pier, and see the fun rides, shops, and restaurants the pier has to offer. Make sure to get a ride on the ferris wheel it's only $10 and the views are priceless!
- T h e B u t c h e r ' s D a u g h t e r -
- S a n t a M o n i c a P i e r F e r r i s W h e e l -
- Cabazon Dinosaur: This Instagram famous spot cannot be any more random! It's actually apart of a small dinosaur museum set up behind a gas station and a Burger King right off the express way. If you're headed down this way I definitely recommend making a pit stop for a few photo ops and maybe some Burger King french fries!
- Palm Springs: Just about the cutest desert town I've ever seen with so much to see! We made sure to stop by the windmills along the way, Moorten's Botanical Garden, the Instagram famous pink door house, and made a final stop at the beautiful Parker Palm Springs Hotel to fuel up at their in-house restaurant Norma's. P.S. We highly recommend their banana smoothie!
- Pioneertown: What wasn't there to love about this little western deserted town that was built in the 1940s to be used to film old western movies. Everything about this little town makes you feel like you just walked into the Wild Wild West! It now homes scattered little handmade and vintage shops and is home to the popular Pappy & Harriet's barbecue restaurants most well known for it's surprise visits by popular musical guest!
- C a b a z o n D i n o s a u r -
- M o o r t e n ' s B o t a n i c a l G a r d e n -
- P a l m S p r i n g s -
- Joshua Tree: Staying in this little city is a must do highly recommend it to our city based peeps! It's like nothing we've ever seen before. We spent two nights in the sweetest Airbnb overlooking 22 acres of pure desert! If you're interested in the little cabin we stayed in just search Joshua Tree Campover Cabin in Airbnb. Seriously wish we had more time to spend inside this lovely little cabin.
- Joshua Tree National Park: Joshua Tree homes acres of the most beautiful Joshua Trees and some of the most impressive views of the desert. Pro tips: Make sure to have a full tank of gas before getting into the park, take enough water, and make sure to visit one of the two visitor centers for more tips and a map of the park with the park's go-to spots and trails. Fun fact: This national park is the size of the state of Rhode Island it's about a two drive down through the whole park!
- Salvation Mountain: Get ready for a visual overload! This is probably one of the most unique places we've ever visited. Definitely a must see, but prepare yourself for the car drive it's a long one even from Joshua Tree. Fuel up and take water this car drive is a hot one!
- J o s h u a T r e e C a m p o v e r C a b i n -
- J o s h u a T r e e N a t i o n a l P a r k -
- S a l v a t i o n M o u n t a i n -
- Malibu Farms: Second timers at this beautiful beachside oasis, and we can't wait to go back! It's a must do to visit the pier and highly recommend anything on the Malibu Farms menu. If you're up for a cocktail make sure to get the frosé! For our Miami based babes they just brought a Malibu Farms to the Eden Roc Hotel in Miami Beach.
- El Matador Beach: We can't help but stop here every time we visit Malibu. It's seriously one of the most beautiful beaches we've ever seen! The rock formations scattered around this beach makes the drive all the more worth it!
- M a l i b u F a r m s -
- M a t a d o r B e a c h -
Closing our West Coast adventures we had to do at least some of the fun typical tourist attractions! On our last night we took a drive through Hollywood. We drove past the Hollywood Walk of Fame, and the famous Chinese Theater while making out way to fulfill our foodie hearts!
- IN-N-OUT: If you're not living under a rock you know IN-N-OUT is one of California's most popular tourist hotspots! It's definitely a must do plus it's an easy and quick cheap meal. Despite the name, you might want to make some extra time for this depending which one you go to the wait can be a while. We suggest skipping the drive through for this one, and going inside to get the full experience plus inside is quicker. If you want to really have the full on experience like a local order an Animal Style Burger with a side of fries and a shake! Pro tip: Order an extra side of their popular Thousand Island sauce for your fries!
- Hollywood Sign: We had to make one quick last stop before the airport to visit the Hollywood Sign. How else would we end our trip? If you're not into doing the 3 mile hike from Griffith or just don't have the time you can drive up the hills through the houses until you begin seeing signs that say no trespassing by this point street park your car and hike about 10 minutes pass the no trespassing sign to get an awesome open view of the Hollywood sign and city!
- I N - N - O U T -